Find New Rules At These Several Stores
You cannot dig a hole in a different place by digging the same hole deeper.
Edward de Bono
Upgrade Your Attention Right Now: Use Fresh Biomedical Details To Improve Your ADHD Treatment
Take Advantage of Significant Discounts at these Digital Stores! Convenient links below will direct you to easy connections for New ADHD Medication Rules.
Common Sense works:
- Amazon.com [Both Kindle and Paperback] – Testimonials
- Audible Audio Version [Published Nov ’13]
- Barnes & Noble [Nook]
- Books A Million
- Indie Bound
- Powell’s Books
Why Read New Rules? – Review These Timely Observations
An Insightful Amazon Review – Steven D. Freedman
There are plenty of important concepts in this book. Relating to ADHD itself, Dr Parker’s insights into different types of ADHD symptoms, as he defines them, is eye-opening and, I believe, is “required reading” for everyone in the field. His contention is that symptoms which are functionally different must be addressed differently. His description of “Thinking Without Acting”, which he calls the most prevalent subset of ADHD and the most overlooked, is itself worth the price of the book.
Regarding medications: some of the most important concepts he deals with or introduces are the expected duration of effectiveness (defining and monitoring), and the effects of allergies and metabolism on medications. His explanations of drug interactions is the clearest and most informative I have seen in a book whose target audience includes (but is not limited to) the lay reader.
For ADHD medications to be optimally effective as well as safe, the patient and the prescribing doctor must take into account a number of (for the most part) simple concepts, and they must do so with patience and perseverance. Dr Parker’s zeal to spread this message is fueled by the fact that neither patients nor prescribers tend to “follow the rules”, with the result of much unnecessary suffering.
This is an important book for everyone impacted by ADHD to read and understand.
More On Where And How For New Rules
– And, since Jan. 1, 2013, at your local bookstores, just ask.
– Attention booksellers! Download this pdf to review the Publisher’s Tip Sheet for New Rules Booksellers.
– A New Rules Postcard To Easily Share with colleagues: http://bit.ly/SdQ2qa
– ADHD Medication Management needs significant revision. Remember: This important observation from de Bono:
Complimentary Tutorials, Playlists and Video Commentary
1. ADHD Med Video Channel Details: Let’s work together to correct this pressing confusion. Watch my DrCharlesParker YouTube Channel for more details [35 vids – more than 77,000 views]. Each video describes ADHD applications that work – from DOE – Duration of Effectiveness, the Therapeutic Window, and many more understandable ADHD Medication details. Subscribe For Updates while you’re there, many more video updates already outlined for production.
2. ADHD Med Video Tutorial – Basic Playlist: While at YouTube check out this, exceedingly practical how-to playlist: ADHD Medication Video Tutorial ~ 30 min, 8 short videos that break New ADHD Medication Rules down for easy digestion.
3. ADHD Med Video Tutorial – Dosing Strategy – Playlist: Many years and many thousands of patient hours make this series mandatory after you review the basics on how meds should work at playlist 2, just above. See this ADHD Medication Dosage Tutorial ~ 32 min, 9 short videos that review some of the New Rules details regarding precise medication strategies.
4. ADHD Meds and Immunity: Gut and Brain Details – Advanced Playlist: This series of videos is controversial right now, but will not be at all controversial when medical professionals actually study the details on refractory response to meds. If ADHD meds aren’t working for you, if you’re simply not responding predictably, then study this series immediately, and jump on those recommended Transit Time Details to get started. ADHD Meds and Immunity: Gut and Brain Details Tutorial ~ 28 min, 8 short videos that can show you how the mind and body are connected for improved med management.
– Hope you will join me in paying better attention! 😉 Biomedical details will change the way you think…